Polly Ann Sanders-Peterson was born in an Arkansas farmhouse, the ninth of twelve children. Her earliest memories are of hard work, the responsibility of family and survival. When she was 12 her father died, and her mother placed in a mental institution. Polly Ann and her siblings were separated and she was sent to Denver, Colorado. With continuous thoughts of abandonment, rejection, and anger, she tackled life burdened with deep-rooted feelings of being unloved and unwanted. In her young adult years, Polly Ann fought hard to find love and acceptance-many of those choices causing her more pain. Yet, God's unconditional love never failed her. Today, Polly Sanders-Peterson is an extraordinary wife, mother, grandmother, hairstylist, and businesswoman. She is also the founder and President of the Covenant House of Love Ministries, holding out her hands to hurting people and demonstrating the reality of God's unconditional Love."
You know what they say about hair stylists: "When you find a good one, keep her forever." However, Polly's skills with hair aren't the only reason I'm loyal to her, it's her kindness. For 30 years I've observed as Polly not only puts people back together on the outside, but also on the inside. She has a real heart for wounded women. - BERTHA LYNN, Colorado KMGH News Journalist
As the husband of Polly, I have witnessed the power of God's Love and Grace in her journey to victory these past 20 years. - RAY N. PETERSON, Polly's husband
Polly Sanders-Peterson's Blog
Posted on September 23, 2009 at 5:00pm
Any time is a great time for restarting a relationship. Especially in the fall, my favorite time of the year. So I have decided to freshly fall in Love.
I'm choosing to forgive all the hurts/disappointments/wrongs and bring healing in my heart and relationships by allowing my heart to love again again and again.
Wow that's simple. Continue
All I have to do is to:
1. Forgive others and my self for all the hurts and disappointments
2. Ask God…
Posted on March 5, 2009 at 5:00pm
1. Desire to rebuild trust (must want to first) Continue
2. What my part in loss of trust (examine self)
3. what can I do to reestablish trust (don’t blame)
4. Set healthy boundaries ( allow time to restore trust)
5. Let go of past mistakes (don’t hold grudges)
6. Apply love and forgiveness
7. Ask God for…
Posted on February 13, 2009 at 7:30pm
Here are 7 tips I learned when seeking love:
1. Hiding: stop putting walls up/keep your heart open:
2. Forgive: all of those who hurt you and forgive yourself
3. Give: by giving love/ you will get love
4. Offenses: don't hold on to offenses
5. Anger: release all stored up anger
6. Disappointments: let them go
7. Ask/Seek/Knock and love will be given to you with overflowing measure/
Unconditionally: Ask… Continue
Posted on January 1, 2009 at 7:00pm
Conflict means to have a clash of ideas or to disagree with another person. Conflict comes to bring change in us or to the other person or both.
Here are some questions you can ask yourself when conflict comes into our relationships.
How did it start?
Have I taken ownership of the part I played?
Why is the conflict happening?… Continue